During the year there are four seasons: spring, summer, fall and winter. In life there are also four seasons. Think about it this way:
- Spring – we plant crops.
- Summer – we work our gardens.
- Fall – we harvest all that we have worked for.
- Summer – the ground rests from being planted and cultivated as well as preparing seed to be grown next season.
If you are a gardener, then you know that there is never a time to stop working in your garden. It is just like that in life; There is never a season to quit. Each season gives way to a new position in the kingdom of God. We go from:
- Being trained.
- Applying our training.
- Seeing the fruits of our labor.
- Training others to do their work, and find their place.
If you are learning, then learn. If you are working, then work. If you are seeing the benefit of all you have worked for, then see it. If you are training, then train.
Do not stay stagnant, but “whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” Colossians 3:23-24.